Southern Precision is pleased to be one of the presenters at the UAV & Drone technology workshop organised by the Limestone Coast Grape & Wine Council tomorrow at the Joanna Hall.
We look forward to sharing how automated steering in vineyards can be achieved utilising RTK drone aerial surveys, and how viticultural specific mapping services can also deliver;
- Vineyard NDVI or PCD down to the sub vine level and accurate creation of management zones.
- Effective Canopy Analysis for accurate measurements and monitoring of vineyard decline.
Vineyard Managers and operators can use this information for:
- targeted sampling for maturity and other crop measurements
- analysis of actual canopy area and incidence of diseases such as Eutypa
- variable rate application of mulch or fertiliser
- automated steering of equipment in vineyards
- monitoring performance of irrigation systems.
We will also be discussing how UAV data compares with, and can complement, satellite imagery platforms.
Other speakers and topics at the event include;
UAVs – when and where can I fly and why can’t I go spraying with one? – Ashley Cox, Airsight
UAVs, Machine Learning and AI for viticulture & winemaking – Dr.Sigfredo Fuentes, Uni of Melbourne
Niche Applications – Nathan Roy, Drone Agriculture
Wednesday the 19th September, starting at 11am in the Joanna Hall.
Click here for more details and register.